Sunday, April 18, 2010

Family Time

We have had a lot of family time over the past week or so. We share a house with my parents so we see them on a daily basis (obviously!) but we have been enjoying some time with other members of our family. Last weekend started off with Madison and Zach going to the circus with Zach's dad thanks to another awesome gift from his parents. Madison had a blast and especially loved the pony ride that she got to go on. But she decided to pass on the chance to ride on the camel or the elephant. Maybe next time she will decide to give them a try too.

Then Zach had a softball tournament on Saturday and Sunday and it was beautiful weather to play some ball. He and I went to the first game without Madison but decided to go get her for the second game. She loved watching the game, cheering on her daddy, climbing up and down the bleechers (and up and down, and up and down...), and riding on the mechanical elephant that they had there. Sunday morning my mother and father in law picked up Madison to hang out with her for a while and then came down to the softball fields in the afternoon to catch Zach's last 2 games with me. By the end of the tournament Zach had played 6 softball games, I was sunburned on the left side of my body, Madison had climbed the bleecers about 1000 times, and we had all enjoyed a beautiful spring weekend outside.

Thursday my father in law came over in the morning for a round of golf with Zach. Then he and I headed to home depot to get supplies to do some gardening. So far we, along with Madison's "help", have planted orange and green peppers, tomatoes, and cherry tomatoes. Next week we plan on doing cucumbers, spinach, parsley, and cilantro. We also may end up doing some flowers in our front lawn along our garage/sidewalk. I've never really done any gardening but am really excited to see how it goes-cross your fingers that I don't end up killing everything.

Finally on Friday night we headed to my cousins house for a family get together with my cousin and his girlfriend who live in Hawaii and haven't been home for over 3 years. This was his first time getting to meet Madison and baby Gavin. Madison in in LOVE with my cousins son Gavin and talks about him all the time. Friday was no exception and she followed him to whoevers arms he was in and wanted to "help". She picked up his pacifier anytime it fell, would hold it in his mouth for him (a little too hard at times), wanted to hold his bottle for him (even when he didn't want it anymore), and would gently rub his head and give it a kiss. I also got a chance to get my baby fix and held him most of the night. Recently I have been getting baby fever but know that right now I am not healthy enough to even think about having another baby. All of this family time has just reminded me over and over how lucky we are to have the family that we do. They are always there to lend a hand or help support us when we need it.

P.S. I am working on a new look for my blog so I apologize if things are a little wierd for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment