Saturday, March 13, 2010

Inked Up Hobbs Style

Since the day that Madison was born Zach has wanted to get a tattoo for her and has been trying to convince me to get one as well. I have talked about wanting to get one for quite some time but have never gotten up the nerve to get one. I finally decided that if I was going to get one, I couldn't go wrong with getting one in honor of my daughter. We both decided to think about it for a while once we had decided what we wanted and where we wanted it just to make sure that we were sure of what we wanted. We thought this was a great plan, however once we had the chance to actually get them Zach decided to change the location of his at the last minute.

 So we went and I of course was concerned that I was going to be too much of a baby about it. Then they said that Zach couldn't come back and hold my hand and distract me like I was hoping that he could. Zach got his first and it was over and done with in about 10 minutes. He decided to get her name on his wrist after thinking he was going to get it on the back of his leg. He (we) decided his wrist would be better because he could look at it whever he wanted, but it could be covered up by long sleeves or a watch or sweatband at work. Then it was my turn and I was more nervous then I was willing to admit but lucky for me the guy who did mine was amazing. He noticed when I was sitting up on the table that I was not very comfortable at all and suggested that I just lay back and try to relax. Then he told me not to worry because if I could have a baby this would be a piece of cake. When I told him that I had a C-Section he made me laugh when he asked if I thought having my stomach cut open was easier then getting a small tattoo that was going to take 20 minutes. We talked the whole time and before I knew it he was done with only a few times that made me grimace. I decided to get a ladybug on my foot. Madison's nursery has ladybugs everywhere so she loves them, and I have started to call her my little ladybug. For me it was a perfect way to honor my beautiful daughter. When all was said and done we were very happy with the results and I was quite proud of myself for not crying or wimping out!


As soon as we got home we showed them to Madison she declared them to be pretty. Then not wanted to be outdone she told us that she needed a pretty too! So we got out one of her Abby Cadabby tattoos so the whole Hobbs family had tattoos to show off.


No comments:

Post a Comment